Sunday 6 August 2017

Cold Storage Kids Run 2017

The family loves going for family runs.  Since a baby in the stroller, B and I brought them out for family runs often.  Then, the number of family runs were not as many as what we have today.

One of the runs that have been around since we started our family runs is the Cold Storage Kids Run. At it's 10th edition this year, the crowd was massive!  It is heartening to see both the young and the old coming together for a great morning workout.  Be it a walk or a run, it is definitely both a healthy lifestyle and a great bonding time together.  What can be better than this?!



Who doesn't like rewards?  A medal to encourage the next run, to prove an achievement and a reminder that we reap what we sow.




The Kids Run is a very family oriented run.  With children in mind, there are lots of activities for the children.  Even milk is free for the keen little ones.



The run was carried out in different waves - one for each age group.  The good of it being that similar ages, similar capability and thus, probably easier to run.  The bad?  B had to run with E and D with me as we fall under 2 different categories.  So it was not exactly a family run.  


This run, D was tripped over by another kid and fell.  Instead of whining, he picked himself up and ran again.  Sometimes, kids show us the resilience we thought they do not have.  And I am guilty of that.


End of the day, though we were all sweaty and smelly, we thought we had much fun.  A good workout too.  We definitely welcome more family runs.  Of course, I am sure if the runs are priced reasonably, many will be interested too.


Disclosure: We were invited to the event.  No monetary compensation was received.  All photos and opinions are true to my own unless otherwise stated.

I'm on Facebook!  Please like me on Facebook if you have enjoyed this post as it's where I connect constantly with my readers.  I'm on Instagram and Twitter too!

No comments:

Post a Comment