Sunday 19 March 2017

Spicy Bean Sprouts Salad Recipe

We love this particular bean sprouts salad or appetiser from a particular Ramen restaurant / shop in Singapore.  We help ourselves to heaps of it when we dine there.  It is free.  But we do not eat that till we are full.  Our main course is still the ramen, right?

Fast forward, B has been asking me to find the recipe for it.  He says we can made lots of it and keep them refrigerated.  A good snack whenever we feel like eating it.  But seriously, I doubt we can keep it for too long since there is no preservatives!

I scoured the internet for it, not knowing what to call it except to Google bean sprouts, ramen, recipe.  And lo and behold, I actually found one!

I did some variation to the recipe that I found.  This is slightly spicier but E loves it.  He eats and drinks water after each mouth.  And he has been bugging me to make it every other day.

The good thing is, bean sprouts are cheap.  I hate to pluck the bean sprouts roots though, so I pay slightly more for those that are rootless.

Spicy Bean Sprouts Salad
(Adapted from Just One Cookbook)


Ingredients:

300g bean sprouts
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp Nanami Togarashi (easily found in the Japanese section of supermarkets)
Salt and pepper to taste
Sesame seeds

Method:

1.  Cook the bean sprouts in boiling water for about 2 minutes. 
2.  Mix the seasonings (sesame oil, soy sauce, Shichimi Togarashi, salt and pepper) in a large bowl.
3.  Drain the bean sprouts and mix them with the seasonings.
4.  Sprinkle sesame seeds.


We love the smell and taste of sesame seeds and thus, we put lots of it usually.  There you go!  It is actually quite a forgiving recipe, so if you like it spicier or less saltish, always tune it to your liking.  :)

I'm on Facebook!  Please like me on Facebook if you have enjoyed this post as it's where I connect constantly with my readers.  I'm on Instagram and Twitter too!

No comments:

Post a Comment