Monday 16 January 2017

Of Pineapple Tarts, Cheese Pineapple Tarts and Prawn Rolls



Pineapple tarts are a must-have for me during Chinese New Year.  I love my pineapple tarts buttery.  I dislike pineapple tarts that have a dry crust.  




Pineapple Tarts Singapore has been selling their melt in the mouth pineapple tarts since 1979.  With much demand in Singapore, they started selling them here, together with 47 outlets selling pastries in Malaysia.





Fragrant pineapple tarts, together with a not-so-sweet filling that literally melts in the mouth with each bite.  I have finished almost half a bottle.


With a golden hue, these little buttery balls aren't that little.  Good for 2 bites, the crust is not dry, unlike some other brands that stuck to the sides of my mouth with each bite (do you get such a problem too?).  Now, these are buttery pineapple tarts and I adore buttery ones for I feel they are so much nicer than mediocre tasting ones.  :D




Cheese pineapple tarts are very in these days.  Using parmesan cheese, I thought the smell of cheese is not overpowering.  With a tinge of cheese taste, it balances the sweetness of pineapple tarts.


All pineapple tarts are sold in airtight containers which are reusable and yes, presentable.




Apparently, pineapple tarts are not Pineapple Tarts Singapore only specialty.  These commonly known hae bee hiam rolls a.k.a prawn rolls are da bomb.  If you like spicy prawn paste, this will be one of those that is simply irresistible.




Fried to a crispy golden brown texture, each bite is a crunch.  What I really like is that there is no oily aftertaste.  No oily lips.  And no weird, foul, rancid, or whatever word you use to describe that overused oil.


The above products can be ordered via Pineapple Tarts Singapore website here.  With more than $60 purchase, delivery is free!  And for our readers, key in Cynthia10 to get a 10% discount!


Eat something nice that is worth the calories.  These pineapple tarts and prawn rolls are.


Some FAQ:


1. Sampling / tasting is possible at their warehouse at 39 Jalan Pemimpin, #03-04 Singapore 577182. However, do make an appointment first!

2. Self-collection is also available at their warehouse at 39 Jalan Pemimpin #03-04 Singapore 577182.

3. For any other queries, please email to pineappletartssg@gmail.com.

Disclosure: We were given the above products for the purpose of this review.  No monetary compensation was received.  All photos and opinions are true to my own.

I'm on Facebook!  Please like me on Facebook if you have enjoyed this post as it's where I connect constantly with my readers.  I'm on Instagram and Twitter too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment