Wednesday 2 November 2016

{Review} The Magic Paintbrush by I Theatre

To the Director, Composer, Cast and Crew and production team of The Magic Paintbrush, this has got to be one of the best production.  And I was telling hubby, I Theatre ended the year with a bang.



Why?

The play started with a very important message.  And ended with another important message too.  Not just a play for the children.  It is something for the adults, the parents too.

A Chinese folk tale transformed into a musical theatre show, it is about a youngster from present-day Singapore, Toni Lee.  Struggling with the pressures and stress of examinations and parental expectations, she wished to be Ma Liang, the character in the storybook, The Magic Paintbrush.


Photo Credit : I Theatre
Quite unexpectedly, she was granted her wish and was transported back in time to a Southern Province of China.  


Photo Credit : I Theatre
A series of magical adventures unfold.  Of Ma Liang helping the poor villagers.  Of the magic paintbrush that creates things. 

Photo Credit : I Theatre
With the use of puppet and lively music, the story of the greedy emperor and his comical guards kept us laughing.


Photo Credit : I Theatre
But also kept us thinking.  Thinking about family, friendship and if gold is more important than talent and creativity.


Photo Credit : I Theatre
D enjoyed it so much that he requested we buy the book for him.



If you are still thinking whether to go for this play, I will say YES!  Book your tickets at Sistic.  From now till 12 November 2016, it is a production not to be missed.

1 Nov - 12 Nov 16
Tue & Thu: 10.30am & 2.30pm
Wed & Fri: 10.30am
Sat: 11am, 2.30pm & 7.30pm
Sun: 11am & 5pm

Disclosure: We were invited to The Magic Paintbrush by I Theatre.  No monetary compensation was received.  All photos and opinions are true to my own.

I'm on Facebook!  Please like me on Facebook if you have enjoyed this post as it's where I connect constantly with my readers.  I'm on Instagram and Twitter too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment