Thursday 13 October 2016

Where Your Children can Learn to Handle the DSLR

Have your kids ever said, "Dad, Mum, can I take photos with your camera?"

I get that all the time.  From both boys.

It is apparently a growing up thingy.  They love to explore, they want to try.  Sometimes, they are fascinated with it.

But parents are very beware of it, as some cameras are not cheap!  Some parents pass the older version, or a cheaper version of a compact, snap-away camera for the child to explore.  My boys sometimes use my iPhone, sometimes we give them the older compact camera.  Much often than not initially, we had to try to teach them how to use, where the object of interest should be etc.  And of course, many will agree that sometimes parents are not the perfect people for this job.  :D

So, was I glad when one of the activities at Kidzania Singapore is to be a photojournalist!


Waiting patiently in line for their turn.


Brought to us by Canon, in the 20 minutes, they were taught how to handle a DSLR, where the viewfinder is and what some of those buttons are.  Basically, it is about learning proper camera techniques.

Like a professional!
In the Imaging Academy, there were different backgrounds and objects for them to try taking photographs of.  


They were then brought outdoors, around Kidzania to take some monuments.  Look at how at ease E is handling that DSLR.  And how proud he was, showing me the photos he took on screen everytime he took a shot.


Definitely a good place for the children to learn about handling the camera.  What's more, they were paid (KidZos) and given a certificate each!


Disclosure:  3 of us were invited to check out the Canon Imaging Academy in Kidzania by Canon.  No monetary compensation was received.  All photographs and opinions are true to my own.

I'm on Facebook!  Please like me on Facebook if you have enjoyed this post as it's where I connect constantly with my readers.  I'm on Instagram and Twitter too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment