Thursday 25 August 2016

{Review} Little Star by I Theatre - Something for the Little Ones

Have you actually went for a play that is suitable for children as young as 2 years old?

Having attended many of I Theatre's plays, Little Star is slightly different.  I find it very suitable for young toddlers and preschoolers.  


We all know younger children tend to be more verbal and vocal, slightly unable to keep very quiet throughout a play.  It is fine during Little Star.  Nobody will hush them.  If it is not cries and screams that will disrupt everyone's enjoyment, simple mumbles or repetitions of words slightly by children are okay.  Because we, parents, all know and understand.

Little Star is a play that is highly visual.  Without complicated storylines or hard to understand phrases, the use of repetitive words engage the young audience.  Words that are easy to pronounce, understand and remember.
 
Exploring the universal themes of Family, Friendship, we follow Little Star on her journey, into space and the sea.  Using puppetry and black light, it is also an interactive production and all if not most of the children were seen very excited.
 
Let this be the first play for your young children.  To cultivate a love for theatre and to prepare them for more plays to come.
 

From now till 11 September 2016, you can catch Little Star at Alliance Francaise Theatre.  Tickets are available at Sistic!  And remember the photo opportunity after the play!

Disclosure: We were invited to Little Star by I Theatre.  No monetary compensation was received.  All photos and opinions are true to my own.
I'm on Facebook!  Please like me on Facebook if you have enjoyed this post as it's where I connect constantly with my readers.  I'm on Instagram and Twitter too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment