Thursday 12 May 2016

PLAY! Exploration with Canon Using A You-Know-What-Lah!

How often do we get to play the whole morning, at different locations?  Hardly.

With a Canon camera in hand, we did just that one Saturday morning.  Just E and I.

Recognise this place?  One of the "vintage" playground.  The Dove playground at Dakota Cresecent.  With sand.  The weather, I guess was not so forgiving because it was pretty hot.  But I guess, that is better than rain!  So here are my photos, all taken using a not-very-expensive Canon camera.  You be the judge, I guess.



Of angles and lines.   And a boy.


Took this in the bus, I think, while on the way to our second exploration. 



Here we are, at Everton Road.  For what?!


For the murals, of course!  There is this thing about murals that attracts people.  Don't you think so?

"Hello Aunty, are you done washing?"  






And then there is this thing about playgrounds.








For S$499, the Canon PowerShot SX540 HS is pretty much a decent camera, if not above average considering that it not only has the 50x optical zoom, but can also be further extended to 100x using Canon's unique ZoomPlus technology.

I particularly like these few photos of us at Tiong Bahru.

Answer the phone!!!

Hello Aunty, are you done?  Very hot you know?

The smell of hawker food.  Street food, I mean.

And if you wonder how the SX540 score in terms of food photography.  Here you go.  

Lunching at Poteato Bistro Cafe.  Food photography is a common problem at most eateries - the lighting (too dim, too orange and ... )  

Though shot at ISO1600, it did not do any injustice to the food.




All photos above are shot using the Canon PowerShot SX540 HS with zero photo edit.

The camera that comes with built-in WiFi (we all need this, these days) and packs a punch with its 100x ZoomPlus and 20.3MP sensor.


Of course, I had to play with the new Canon Selphy CP1200.  I currently own the CP910 and will happily trade that for this!  With 54 prints on a single battery charge, this is 1.5 times as many as mine!  Definitely a great portable printer for events and gatherings.



Disclosure:  We were invited to the event by Canon.  No monetary compensation was received.  All photographs and opinions are true to my own.

I'm on Facebook!  Please like me on Facebook if you have enjoyed this post as it's where I connect constantly with my readers.  I'm on Instagram and Twitter too! 

8 comments:

  1. Love your random shot from the bus! My kids have been wanting to visit the train playground at Tiong Bahru but wah liao.. So far from me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice outing, nice shots! On top of your good skill, think the sun helps in your photoshoot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was really hot that day but the children had fun!! I was too tired to take the scenery outside the bus. :) Nice meeting you again.

    Phoebe - BPDGTravels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grab the Powershot 9x or M10 next round.
    I am happy with the quality of these cameras, light too :)

    But I guess all the kids were super happy exploring all the "Singapore" corners :)

    cheers, Andy
    (SengkangBabies)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I wanna visit the playground at Tiong Bahru. Lovely photos too!

    Xoxo,
    Jingyi
    Coffeeandtoastmama

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun-filled morning! I am also a supporter of cameras with in-built wifi functions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thinking of getting a camera with inbuilt wi- fi, it is kind of must these days. It was a wonderful outing that day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a Sony a6000 myself - I've never used a wi-fi enabled camera but it does sound really useful especially if you're an instagrammer or snapchat user.

    ReplyDelete