Saturday 30 January 2016

Christmas with Canon and Food Styling Tips!

Canon moved to their new premises at One-North sometime end last year and we were there for a tour just before Christmas.


Do you remember the digital cameras of the early days?  I do!  Because I own an Ixus from the early days.  And how far has Canon come, to be one of the most sought after brands for digital cameras now.


And in case you do not know, CCTVs by Canon!  


Apart from the tour, we were given a chance to feel some of the Canon cameras and of course, pick up food styling and photography tips!  


So there you go...  Some tips when styling food:


"Tell me and I forget,
Teach me and I may remember,
Involve me and I learn" 
- Benjamin Franklin

The very friendly instructor for the night, Nugene Chiang, showing us how to style food, especially when it comes to buffet lines.  
Papparrazi alert!


With the very lightweight Canon G9X, I gave it a go.  But not before I took a photo of this little beauty.


Close up and macro shots.  Not too bad (Ermmm, I mean my skills).  I am sure for someone with better knowledge of camera functions, he / she will be able to do much better than me.



Using the G9X to take a photo of this boy enjoying his strawberry.


We had fun!  Now the boys know "Canon" too!

Thank you to the korkors and jiejies for crafting with the children and keeping them occupied while the Daddy and Mummy learnt more about food styling.

Canon is holding a workshop this Valentine's Day.  Check it out here and if you have not made any plans yet, this is going to be one enriching and interesting workshop especially since there is food and everyone seems to be into food photography these days.

Disclosure:  We were invited to the event by Canon.  No monetary compensation was received.  All photographs and opinions are true to my own.

I'm on Facebook!  Please like me on Facebook if you have enjoyed this post as it's where I connect constantly with my readers.  I'm on Instagram and Twitter too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment