Wednesday 23 December 2015

#Throwback - Great Eastern Women's Run 2015

As we soon wrap up 2015, here is one throwback that is part of my resolution for 2015 which was to exercise more.  Also another resolution in 2016...  One of yours too?
 
Up early one Sunday morning in November, I joined the other 17,000 participants in the Great Eastern Women's Run that was held annually.  An event that is dedicated to helping everyone live healthier and better, it is Asia's largest all-women race.
 
2015 also marks Great Eastern’s 10th year of unifying women in health and life.  And with that, the event was held on a bigger scale, with three race categories of 5km Fun Run, 10km and 21.1km.
 
The last GE run in 2012, I ran 5km with a friend.  This year, I ran 5km too.  And something special this year was that I donned the tu-tu while running! 
 
In a myriad of hues of pink, blue, yellow and purple in support of three women and children-related charities - Breast Cancer Foundation, Community Chest (Children with Special Needs) and SingHealth Duke-NUS OBGYN Academic Clinical Program, many participants ran with their tu-tus on. 
 
 
 
Finishing in an official time of 26 minutes, it does not seem very satisfactory.  I know I should not compare myself to days when I have been more active.  Hopefully this will spur me to achieve a better result next year.  I love running in the morning and the lovely part was running on a route that brings us around the areas less ventured to on our own.  It was not too hot and humid and the sky was clear, what a perfect time for taking photographs of some of the nicest buildings in Singapore.
 



Together with some of the Mom Bloggers, another achievement unlocked!
Photo Credit : Great Eastern Women's Run 2015

Great Eastern Women's Run 2016?  Bring it on!
 
 
Disclosure: I was invited to the Great Eastern Women's Run 2015.  No monetary compensation was received.  All photographs and opinions are true to my own.

I'm on Facebook!  Please like me on Facebook if you have enjoyed this post as it's where I connect constantly with my readers.  I'm on Instagram and Twitter too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment