Saturday 17 October 2015

{Media Invite} Food Styling & Mobile Photography Workshop

I attended the Food Styling & Mobile Photography Workshop organised by Bosch Home Appliances and Bloesem last week and can you tell my excitement?!

Conducted at Bosch Experience Centre, a fully equipped kitchen (a to-die-for kitchen), we had lots of props to play around with and even real food prepared by Chef John See, a Bosch ambassador using the latest Series 8 oven and the new MaxxiMUM kitchen machine (I want this!).


Styled by Chef John, it seems effortless for him to put up such a nice piece.  While it seems so hard for me...  okay, practice makes perfect so I shall try harder.

All photos taken on this blog is by my iPhone (it's a mobile photography workshop yea?).  One of the tips that actually many of us know, light is everything.  More importantly, natural, soft day light for that perfect shot.

Done up by the ladies from Bloesem, doesn't the sandwiches look so appetising?


My first try... Apart from styling the actual product, you can also show the creative process, tell a story by using the items that are used for the final food item.  Can you tell the story?

A very delicious butter cupcake.  My second attempt trying to show the mango sauce dripping... And that impromptu heart shape, do you see it? 

The many different kinds of 'ornaments' for decorating cakes.  So so pretty.


With the gorgeous people at the workshop.  Thank you Bosch and Bloesem for having me!  


Ending the post with yet another attempt.   Playing with different backgrounds, different bowls.  Food styling is hard work and I am appreciating it even more now. 


If you are interested in such workshops, there are two more sessions to be conducted in November and December 2015.  Take a look here.  I am sure you will be totally inspired.

Disclosure:  I was invited to the Food Styling & Mobile Photography workshop by Bosch and Bloesem .  No monetary compensation was received.  All photographs and opinions are true to my own.


I'm on Facebook!  Please like me on Facebook if you have enjoyed this post as it's where I connect constantly with my readers.  I'm on Instagram and Twitter too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment