Tuesday 1 September 2015

DC Justice League Run 2015 - Achievement Unlocked!

The inaugural DC Justice League Run 2015 was held on Sunday 30 August 2015 at Sentosa.  The boys have been pretty crazy over the DC Comics Super Heroes and each of them has a preference.

Photo Credit : DC Justice League Run

E is a Green Lantern fan.  Do not ask me why but if you have realized, he has his customized (by his Daddy dearest) Green Lantern ring which he is so proud of.



D is part of the Team Batman.  Not as dramatic as his brother, he does not go around showing his mask or stunts and you wonder who he actually is if not for the race bib.



Every adult is entitled a running singlet depending on which team he / she is representing.  There is the Team Superman, Team Batman, Team Wonder Woman, Team Green Lantern and Team Flash.  Each tee is unique and after seeing people with the Superman running singlet, I thought that looks nice.  Haha… Yes, I am fickle.  :)

Children registered are entitled to a T-shirt showing all the Super Heroes.  At least I do not have to deal with changes and the I-think-that-looks-nicer debates.

Photo Credit : DC Justice League Run
The route for the 5 KM run from almost one end to the other of Sentosa.  Lots of photo-taking opportunities.  I think many actually came to take photos as well since flashing the race bib entitles you free entry to Sentosa (not bad, right?).  Seriously, how often does one visit Sentosa?


I was really impressed by those who dressed up!  Wearing the Super Heroes costume (not the running singlet) and the gears, they walked or ran along with us.  I think those who bothered to dress up should be given a special certificate or gift - just for their efforts. 

The slopes were the most challenging.  But that's where the trails are and in fact, the coolest part of the route due to the trees and plants. 

First achievement unlocked - I carried E 80% of the 5km.  We decided to leave the stroller at home and tried making him walk but I guess, I failed 80%.  Haha.  For all the past runs, we brought the stroller because we know he will not be able to complete the full run all by himself but yet we do not want to carry him.  If you think why bring strollers or why join runs then?  Because we wanted him to be part of our running / walking group.  Having a baby does not equate to giving up fun runs and races.

 
You know why the baby is not being carried?  Because of Green Lantern lah!
 

 
The best achievement unlocked - D completed his full 5km, walking and running all the way by himself!  No carrying!  He walked, complained when going up the slopes, but continued trooping on. 
 
 
Carnival activities at the end of the race.  Look at that happy face on the trampoline!

 
Not a very happy Super Hero.  A very tired and sweaty Super Hero in fact.  LOL

 
Nobody wants a photo with me.  Got to take with Green Lantern on my own.


Always remember to do some cool-down stretches after each workout.  There are lots of benefits of cool-down stretches but it is something that many forget.

 
Did we enjoy the run?  Of course!  Sometimes we complain about having to carry the children while walking, sometimes we grow tired of asking them to be faster.  But those are often forgotten once we reach the Finish line.  We remember the good - that we finish the run as a family.  Away from the gadgets, looking at the participants and surroundings and keeping fit at the same time. 
 
Maybe, I will bring the stroller for the younger one till he turns 6 years old. 
 
Check out DC Justice League Run on Facebook and be kept updated on future runs. 
 
Disclosure: We were invited to the DC Justice League Run.  No monetary compensation was received.  Unless otherwise stated, all opinions and photos are true to my own.
 
I'm on Facebook!  Please like me on Facebook if you have enjoyed this post as it's where I connect constantly with my readers.  I'm on Instagram and Twitter too!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cynthia! Applause for D! We're not yet ready to bring the whole troop as there's still the 4yo girl...haha... Hopefully we can train them up in near future!

    Nice photos! And erm... we're the ones who forgot our cool down exercises ...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm also one of those who will forget the cool down exercises - it's my hubs who will remember. And soon soon soon… I'm sure you can start when she is 6. :)

      Delete