Sunday 23 August 2015

{Media Invite} Jewels in the Tale

Intrigued by the dragon on the brochure, the boys were very enthusiastic to watch Jewels in the Tale.   Although the title does not sound like any usual theatre plays they have watched (read The Gingerbread Man), they were looking forward to watch it because they enjoy theatre plays, the stories told, the music played, the songs sung and the use of the different props.


Devised and performed by just four performers, Jewels in the Tale by I Theatre is a production featuring a selection of folk tales.  Folk tales from the region - stories you may have read about, stories you may have heard about.

Photo Credit : I Theatre
Using masks and puppetry, entertaining theatre play and music, a total of eight stories were presented.

Photo Credit : I Theatre

Mat Jenin and the Coconuts from Malaysia
The Hermit and Two Words from Philippines
The Crane's Gratitude from Japan
Si Kabayan from Indonesia
Half a Loaf from Korea
The Princess Who Liked Cats from Singapore
Tenali Raman and the Three Thieves from South India
The Four Dragons from China

From the dramatic Mat Jenin and the Coconuts to the touching The Crane's Gratitude, all stories highlight interesting morals and questions.  Questions that even I, as an adult, ponder.  

Photo Credit : I Theatre
Remember to pass on the stories and pass on the morals as the play ends on a high note with The Four Dragons.  What better way than to discover some of this region's colorful heritage of folk tales in a fun form.

Photo Credit : I Theatre

Yes, I Theatre does not cease to amaze us each time.




Perfect for anyone 4 years old and above, Jewels in the Tale runs till 30 August 2015 at Alliance Française Theatre.  Buy your tickets at Sistic now!


I'm on Facebook!  Please like me on Facebook if you have enjoyed this post as it's where I connect constantly with my readers.  I'm on Instagram and Twitter too!

No comments:

Post a Comment