Tuesday 12 May 2015

Teppei - An Omakase Treat

Can somebody tell me why Teppei Restaurant is so popular? 
 
I do not know who planted this restaurant in my mind but he / she has got me looking at this place and its Facebook for a long while.  People intending to try their Omakase dinner has to pre-book months in advance and they have a reservations system I have never encountered before (oh well, maybe it's because I am ignorant).  They make changes to the reservations system on and off but the best way to check it out... please click here!
 
Teppei is located in Orchid Hotel and it's area is not huge.  Sitting probably 22 persons at each dinner seating (6.30 pm and 8.30pm), one gets to see all the works done right before your eyes.  Each Omakase costs $60 or $80 which you get to choose before the dinner starts (if I did not remember wrongly, $60 is only available during Mondays to Thursday).
 
 
 
Starting with an assortment of small bites, common in a Japanese meal to the plate of sashimi.  Do not judge the way it is plated.  It may not look all-so-nice-looking, but the taste of each piece is oh-so-fresh.
 

 
 
More of what we had...  Omakase is a Japanese phrase that means "I will leave it to you".  In this context, it means leaving it to the chef to decide what you should be eating.  Works well if you love and enjoy Japanese food.  Even if you do not fancy, I will say, try it once.  At least, it's been there, done that and you can decide if you seriously love or hate it.  Rather than saying, I hate sashimi and when asked why?  Do not know, just hated it. :|
 
 
The guy totally adored this!
There are stuff we had and enjoyed but did not take any photos because, it's an Omakase dinner!  What is shown here might not be what you may be having but each surprise is indeed interesting.
One of our surprises!  Guess what's that?!


 
For those who take beef, look at that marbling!  Loving my melt-in-the mouth beef slices.
 

The finale, before the dessert, which is also one of the 4 main courses available.  Called the Sashimi Rice, the sea urchin is Da Bomb! 
 
 
That's Chef Yamashita Teppei, ever ready for a drink if you offer him one.  Always smiley and playing a prank or two, he and his team make the 2-hour dinner lively and maybe that's one of the reasons (apart from the great food) why I had to call 100+ times to finally get 2 seats for the hubs and I. 
 
 
 Teppei Restaurant
1 Tras Link #01-18
Tel: 6222 7363
 
If you have enjoyed this post, please follow us on Facebook for the latest updates and sharings!

No comments:

Post a Comment