Wednesday 13 May 2015

Dinner on a Weekday Night

How was your Mother's Day?  I believe every other day can be Mother's Day because when we see our children happy, we are happy.  As long as the children love us and remember what we teach, we are happy.  A mother's wishes and thoughts are simple, but what we do are never that simple!  Ha Ha!

Just like… deciding what to cook for dinner.  I always think of what to cook for dinner.  Something simple (you know I am a FTWM) yet nutritious.  Something the boys will eat and not complain (not that they do).

I am happy when the kids finish everything in their bowl or ask for more.  It is a form of happiness to see them enjoying the food I cook.

Finger-licking-good!

My Mummy taught me this simple steam chicken wings with mushroom dish.  It is comfort food to me and what B says I do best when I started cooking initially.  Although Mummy works, I always remember her making sure we have breakfast, sometimes it is bread - seldom plain bread as she knows I dislike plain bread.  Instead, she will make sardine, tuna, ham to go with bread.  Sometimes she will wake up at 4-5am to cook porridge or she will buy from nearby shops economical beehoon.  This is what I learn from her and that is why some of you will notice me waking up 7 early 8 early to make breakfast at times.



Steam Chicken Wings with Mushrooms, Black Fungus
(serves 4)

Ingredients:
8 chicken wings
4 dried mushrooms
Few pieces of black fungus / wood's ear
Handful of wolfberries
6 seedless red dates

Seasonings:
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tbsp  soya sauce
some water

Directions:
Soak dried mushrooms and black fungus and slice them.
Arrange the ingredients, except red dates and wolfberries in a heat-proof plate and pour in the seasoning.  (You may leave it to be marinated for 30 minutes but if time does not permit, simply leave it  as it is)
Prepare the steamer and bring the water to a rapid boil.  Place the red dates, sprinkle the wolfberries and  steam over high heat for 15-20 minutes.  Check to ensure the chicken is cooked and enjoy it hot!

If you have enjoyed this post, please follow us on Facebook for the latest updates and sharings!

No comments:

Post a Comment