Monday 4 May 2015

A Nourishing Soup, Anyone?

Anyone with lots of DOM left after confinement?  Hands up?!!

What's DOM?  

Commonly known as DOM to layman like me, it is actually Bénédictine D.O.M - a subtle blend of 27 plants and spices, produced in France.  And it's actually a liqueur!  

Benefits of DOM are widely debated and most Asians see DOM as a health tonic, especially good for new mums on confinement.  Left with a couple of bottles, what can I do with them?  I do not drink them neat and so the only way is to use them in cooking.

During my confinement with D, one of the ways I was taught was to make it into a nourishing soup.  These days, I will slow-cook this whenever I feel lethargic or whenever I feel a need for some booster to my energy levels.  




Ingredients:




1 drumstick (maybe a kampung chicken drumstick will be better?)
120ml DOM
240ml water

Note: Some people find DOM too sweet for their liking.  If you prefer, you may reduce the amount of DOM, and add in some others like Martell or Cordon Bleu.

Directions:

1.  Put everything into the slow-cooker on Auto mode for 8 hours or so.  I usually start cooking it in the morning and have it piping hot for supper to end the day.  It's that easy!

Serve hot, drink it hot, maybe perspire a little and have a good sleep after that!

If you have enjoyed this post, please follow us on Facebook for the latest updates and sharings!

No comments:

Post a Comment